Applications may be submitted throughout the year and children are accepted into the program when classroom space is available. If no space is available at the time the application is received, the child will be placed on a waiting list.
- Pre-K is free, additional fees apply for before and after-care
- You must be a Trenton resident and be able to provide 3 proofs of residency.
- Your child must be 3 or 4 by October 1st of the current school year.
- Programs are a full day (8:45 am-3:15 pm).
The following documents are required:
- A completed and signed application:
- A complete physical examination, signed by your child’s physician, which includes a health history (noting existing problems and/or allergies) and an up-to-date shot record. These must be updated annually.
- The child’s birth certificate, and a copy of the child’s social security card.
- A Child and Adult Care Food Program Eligibility Form, which has been completed and signed by the child’s parent/guardian. This must be renewed annually
- Additional forms/documents:
The Preschool has several policies relating to issues such as health and safety. Before a child is admitted to the Preschool, the parent/guardian is asked to review these policies and sign a copy acknowledging his/her understanding and acceptance.
The Preschool has five Abbott Classrooms. Children may be eligible for Wrap Around funding through the childcare voucher program offered by New Jersey Cares for Kids (NJCK). There is no fee for Abbott eligible children.