Applications may be submitted throughout the year and children are accepted into the program when classroom space is available. If no space is available at the time the application is received, the child will be placed on a waiting list.
- Pre-K is free, additional fees apply for before and after-care
- You must be a Trenton resident and be able to provide 2 proofs of residency.
- Your child must be 3 or 4 by October 1st of the current school year.
- Programs are a full day (8:45 am-3:15 pm).
The following documents are required:
- A completed and signed application:
- A complete physical examination, signed by your child’s physician, which includes a health history (noting existing problems and/or allergies) and an up-to-date shot record. These must be updated annually.
- The child’s birth certificate.
- A Child and Adult Care Food Program Eligibility Form, which has been completed and signed by the child’s parent/guardian. This must be renewed annually.
- Additional forms/documents:
The Preschool has several policies relating to issues such as health and safety. Before a child is admitted to the Preschool, the parent/guardian is asked to review these policies and sign a copy acknowledging his/her understanding and acceptance.
Acceptable Items for Enrollment
(Utilities and State/Federal must be mailed and no older than 30 days of documents submitted)
To register, parents/custody holders must complete a district packet and submit 2 of the following documents; 3 including a notarized letter if the parent lives with the homeowner.
- House Utilities: PSEG, Cable/Internet, Phone, or Property Taxes with visible dates.
- House Lease, Deed, Mortgage, or Rental Agreement (with visible dates and signatures)
- State Benefits, Social Service Documents, or any state or federal documents mailed with visible dates.
*Notarized letters are only needed when the registering parent is not the homeowner/agreement holder*
The Preschool has five Abbott Classrooms. Children may be eligible for Wrap Around funding through the childcare voucher program offered by New Jersey Cares for Kids (NJCK). There is no fee for Abbott-eligible children.